How To Deal With Haters, As Told By Taylor Swift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

That moment you’ve always feared is here. Despite your irresistible charm and sparkling personality, you couldn’t escape it— you have a hater. And just like the five stages of grief, there are five stages of dealing with haters.  Just remember, if queen Taylor can have haters, anyone can.  

Here are the five stages of dealing with haters as told by T swift:

DenialWho, me? It’s hard to accept the possibility that there’s a person out there who might not like you. At first it’s easier to keep pretending everything is fine and that dirty look you keep getting is just your hater’s resting face.  

AngerBut then you realize someone you thought was a friend has been sipping the haterade and now you’ve got bad blood.

BargainingYou try to turn things around by being super nice, because you forgot that people throw rocks at things that shine.  

DepressionAnd then you realize there is nothing you can do. This hater is gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate no matter what.

Acceptance Finally it’s time to accept that whatever you do, you can’t please everybody.  Whether your hater is from your long list of ex-lovers or your ex-man’s new girlfriend, shake it off girl. You’re amazing.

Paige is a sophomore contributing writer for Her Campus Miami (OH).
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.