How To: Celebrate Easter In Oxford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

We have reached that awkward time of the spring semester, where your work is piling up and your weekends in Oxford are limited. Going home for a weekend is not a top priority right now. However, Easter, the perfect holiday to see family and catch up with friends at home, is upon us. If you’re like me and can’t swing a trip home, here are a few things you can do in Oxford to celebrate.

1. Dress Up

Sometimes the best part of the holiday is putting on a pretty dress and feeling fabulous in a pair of fun wedges. Whip out those bunny ears from Halloween, and seize the opportunity to pose for a cute Instagram!

1. Eat Dat Candy

Tons of organizations on Campus host free events for students to attend – which almost always has some form of free food and/or candy. Check out the Hub to see what’s going on on campus! Or, you can wait until Easter Sunday for the big sales on all the Easter candy in Oxford. Head to Kroger, Walmart or CVS, and treat yo’ self!

1. Go to Church

I mean, it IS a religious holiday. Go out and attend Easter Mass at one of the local church’s in Oxford. Need help finding somewhere to attend mass? Look no further & click here.

1. Bring Home to You

Chances are if you’re not going home for Easter, then home is relatively far away. Not seeing your family may seriously bum you out. If that’s the case, take the time to Facetime or call your family to say hello and that you love them.

P.S. It is also perfectly acceptable to watch Netflix from your bed all day & stalk your friends Instagram posts of their Easter activities.

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus