Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

HC Miami's Dorm Room Workout

Posted Nov 27 2012 - 12:00am

Are you dying to squeeze in your daily workout, but turned off by the hassle of going to the gym? Or maybe you just don’t have enough time in your day to do a full workout? Well, HC has good news for you- working out in your dorm can be easy! Follow our stellar workout you can do without even leaving your bedroom (tested by yours truly)!

5 Minute Cardio Warm-up

Jumping Jacks: 2 minutes (who doesn’t love them?)

High Knees: 1 minute

Jump squats:1 minute (squat down and then jump straight up in the air and repeat)

Jump rope: 1 minute (you can pretend if you don’t actually have a jump rope)

Dips

How to: Place your hands on a stable surface (either your bed or a chair works) and lower yourself towards the ground, which will work your triceps and lower body (25 dips). 

High Push-up

How to: Place your hands on the edge of your bed, futon or chair and lower your upper body into a push up. This will work your biceps and upper body area.

Donkey Kicks

For this leg exercise, find somewhere comfortable on the floor. Utilize a yoga mat, carpet area, or hard floor.

How to: Place your leg up in the air at a 90-degree angle and kick your leg upward. This will tone the area below your butt. Be sure to switch legs. (25 each side) 

Squats and Lunges

How to:

Squats: Do 15 regular squats (making sure your knees never go in front of your toes) and then do a 30 second squat hold and finish by doing 30 seconds of squat pulsing.

Lunges: Keep your front knee behind your toes as in the squat and don't touch your back knee all the way to the floor. Do 20 lunges on each leg. 

Mountain Climbers

This is a great exercise for both your abs and your legs.

How to: Move your legs in a climbing motion

Crunches

How to: This is a classic exercise that is fabulous for your abs. You can do
alternative options such as lowing your legs to work your lower abs.

HC Miami's Dorm Room Workout