CosBro: When Your Dad’s GQ meets Mom’s Cosmopolitan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

As Miami University’s WMSR prepares for the approaching release of Unleashed Week, the innovative radio show CosBro, a men’s oriented feature, readies an agenda while anticipating its debut. CosBro presents itself with the aim to always achieve for the better. The show is the brainchild of Nathan Lotze, who recalls the shows creation based on his advancement into adulthood. With the senior’s college career coming to a close, opening doors into the real world is a time in which, “we are finding out how to be adults,” he said.

Loosely influenced by the guidance found in men’s health magazines, Lotze uses CosBro as a forum to discuss the transitioning period of manhood. However, the show’s vision shares a satirical twist of the women’s magazine Cosmopolitan, hence the name CosBro. “Think of it as an actual issue of Cosmo. A lot of it is real information; the rest is just ridiculous stuff you laugh at,” said Lotze.

Senior and co-host Sam Fogle compliments the show’s intention with his segments on men’s health. Fogle, the model for having a healthy body and mind, gives insight to the male listeners. He intends to inspire the notion that self-awareness should not be limited to care of the alternate gender. “Image is important for both women and men,” said Fogle.
In contrast, Fogle also wishes to touch on sports news, a common topic that tends to stereotypically target male audiences. Nevertheless, Fogle is confident that the advice and discussions given during the show’s fall airtime will be entertaining to both male and female audiences. The show, admittedly, encourages the ears of female listeners with the trust that everyone can find something relatable.

CosBro continues to establish its flexibility with its third host, senior Michael Vostatek, adding to the show as its primary source of music and music culture. The self-proclaimed expert Vostatek hopes that his agenda to broaden the campus’ knowledge of various topics will generate interest among listeners. His efforts are to break away from any stereotype that hovers over the Miami cultural stigma and to offer his audience a branch of new ideas. “We aren’t trying to tailor to Miami culture. It is a part of the show to incorporate as many different features as we possibly can,” said Vostatek.

CosBro’s impressive line-up and structure defies any existing doubt that the show will be anything but entertaining. Given a spectrum of lifestyle choices to the best choice of music, CosBro is a show dedicated for all ears. The one hour block of the trio’s witty banters can be streamed online, commercial free from the RedHawk Radio website at 5:00 p.m. every Wednesday.

Alexis Moten

Miami (OH)

Alexis is a Junior contributing writer for Her Campus Miami (OH).