Contiki: Say “Yes” to Travel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Have you considered traveling but didn’t know where to start? Were you deterred by the idea of missing your friends, family, or the college environment? Well think again! Now, more than ever, travel has become an easy, convenient, and essential part of the college experience. 

Now, I will agree that Oxford is one of the greatest places on Earth and that traveling with a new group of people totally sounds intimidating. But, I still urge you to say “yes” to travel. Think about it this way: imagine what it would be like to fall asleep not knowing where the next day would take you or what you might see. Picture yourself in front of the Eiffel Tower, or trying authentic Italian food in Italy, touring the outback in Australia, or even enjoying the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong. Those who have traveled to these locations, as well as various others, say that travel is the best way to discover your own self. 

It’s amazing to think that traveling to a place so far away could really make you feel even closer and more familiar with something right here at home, you. Travel opens your eyes to so many things; it is a once in a lifetime chance to experience a new culture, learn a new language, become thankful for some of the simple things you take for granted, or make a new group of lifelong friends. Being out of your element can push and motivate you in ways you might never have thought possible. 

You’ve all heard the cliché “you only live once” but even though this is a bit cheesy, somehow it still resides in all of us because deep down most of us fear living with regret. We all want to live life to the fullest, to experience and try new things, and most importantly to find out who we really are. “You have one life, one shot. No regrets,” is the motto of Contiki travel. 

If you have been reading this article and thinking, yes! And you are now wondering how, when, and where to sign up for travel. Take a minute to look at Contiki Travel and watch their video. Contiki Travel is one of the best-known travel corporations, especially for young people. Some of their most popular travel excursions include the European Discovery, Asian Adventure, and the Argentina and Brazil Experience. These tours incorporate the perfect blend of sight seeing, adventure, and culture. You might just be inspired to sign up for a tour over the summer and you never know how taking this one step could end up impacting your life. 

Morgan Weemhoff is a sophomore at Miami University. She is the Event Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.