Cold weekend in Oxford and have nothing to do? Watch a Disney movie (based on your mood)!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

With the weather starting to get chillier the time for staying indoors and popping in a movie has come upon us, and there are plenty of Disney movies to keep us entertained. These movies can take us back to the simpler days when we were kids, and serve as a distraction from the chaos that is college. Therefore, I have decided to help us find the best Disney movie to watch based on our moods, check them out below.

1. You are in the mood to cry.

Sometimes we just get in those moods when we want to let all of our emotions out by watching a movie and crying. These movies are bound to get your tears flowing, so have your tissues ready!

• UP: The story focuses around Carl Fredricksen going on a journey to fulfill a promise he made to his wife Ellie, who has passed away. The viewers follow the journey of Carl, Russell, and a house attached to balloons traveling to South America.  

• Lilo & Stitch: This movie is about an alien experiment named Stitch getting adopted by a lonely little Hawaiian girl named Lilo, and their friendship that results. Viewers learn all about “Ohana” and the true meaning of love and family. 

• Fox & the Hound: If you have a huge heart for animals and friendships this movie is a homerun for producing tears. The plot centers around a fox and a hound whose friendship is constantly being tested, in the end serving as a reminder to all of what a true friend looks like. 2. You want to feel empowered. Disney movies feature many plotlines, and some of those include amazing and inspiring female heroines. If you need a reminder of how great it is to be a brilliant, independent woman, turn to these movies.

• The Princess and the Frog: Taking place in New Orleans, Louisiana, we meet a bright and determined waitress named Tiana who dreams of opening her own restaurant one day. Her determination is inspiring to all, and is sure to put a smile on your face.

• Brave: In this movie young Merida is a princess who wants to take her fate into her own hands, and will go to extreme measures to ensure her own happiness.

• Mulan: This film focuses on Mulan, who goes to war in her father’s place. Not only does she show females they can do anything by fighting in a war that was strictly for men, but she also happens to save China in the process. 3. You want to believe in love again. We have all hit that point in our life where love seems impossible, and we have lost faith in our soul mates. If this describes you, these Disney movies will turn your views upside down on love, and have you believing in prince charming again.

• Cinderella: Get swept away in this love story featuring Cinderella, who escapes her evil stepmother for a night out of dancing, and a chance encounter with her prince charming

• Tangled: This movie features the beautiful lost princess Rapunzel, and a handsome thief named Flynn Rider. The plot focuses on Rapunzel’s dream to see the lanterns, and an unlikely love that develops in result.

• Beauty & the Beast: This is a classic love story featuring two people who are complete opposites coming together and finding love. Belle is a bright young girl obsessed with books who has a kind heart; while, the Beast is a hotheaded prince who needs to learn a thing or two about generosity.

4. You want to get up and dance. These movies are perfect for those times when you and your friends just want to put on your dancing shoes, and blurt out some Disney tones at the top of your lungs. If you are in a bad mood, watching these movies is guaranteed to raise your spirits and put a smile on your face.

•  

The Little Mermaid: The story of Ariel and her journey from water to land is a great story within itself, but throwing in those hit songs makes it a true masterpiece. Featuring songs such as “Under the Sea” and “Kiss the Girl”, you are going to be ready to move to the ocean yourself.  

• The Lion King: This is just a great movie overall, with a very powerful and important message. However, this greatness also transcends over to the music in the movie such as “Circle of Life” and “Hakuna Matata”.

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus