Christian Jaekle ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Any ladies still looking for a formal date? Christian Jaekle is your man. He’s fun, outgoing and not to mention single. The senior entrepreneurship major has started his own blog (christianjaekle.com) to share his experiences as each week he does something new to put him out of his comfort zone. Last week, Christian bartered students for goods in exchange for a ride in a wagon (his swag-wagon). “A random art student bartered a freshly smelted ring, a project from his metal-working class, for a ride to the art building… Currently saving it for the right gal,” he wrote on his blog.

That ring could be yours, ladies! Read on to learn more about this adventurous stud.

Hometown: Hudson, OhioMajor: Entrepreneurship, Interactive Media StudiesCampus Involvement: Cru, Phi Sigma Pi, WMSR Student Radio, Miami QuarterlyRelationship Status: Single, very much ready to mingle.

Her Campus: What is your ideal first date? Christian Jaekle: Something that starts out insane like sharing Orange Leaf on a bench uptown but ends with an epic star gaze on the band tower.

HC: What is your favorite college memory?CJ: Spending summer in Oxford was amazing. There’s a whole new vibe and awesome opportunites to meet new people. 

HC:What will you miss most after graduation? CJ: I’ve made the best friends I’ve ever had here at Miami. I am currently coping with having to let them all go at once.

HC: What are your post-grad plans? CJ: Hitting up a startup in Cincinnati, Chicago, or San Francisco and CHANGING THE WORLD.

HC: What is the coolest thing you’ve ever done? CJ: I’m writing a blog right now on christianjaekle.com where I push myself out of my comfort zone every week. I’ve worshiped the moon with 40 witches, hit up a nude beach, went on a gay date, and recreated the MTV reality show, “Dating in the Dark.” It’s been wild.

HC: Who is your role model?CJ: Jesus. He’s always got your back.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?CJ: Definitely Jennifer Lawrence. I dig people who are hilarious without even trying. She’s also weirder than I am which is strangely attractive.

HC: What is your life motto?CJ: Kiss all the babies, pet all the dogs. It’s really the “live life to the fullest” of our generation.

Favorite… Shot: Girl Scout CookieMovie: The Parent TrapSong: White Houses by Vanessa CarltonTV Show: SurvivorBar: O Pub to chill out. 45 to shake it, shake it, like I’m suppose to.Restaurant: Krishna. More spice the better. If I’m not crying I don’t love it.Night to go out: Saturday night sets the tone for the week. Theme nights are cheesy, you gotta give it to me straight.

HC: If you could hang out with a celebrity for an entire day, who would it be and why? CJ: Dave Franco, he’s my man crush Monday. We would probably ride a tandem bike around Oxford in a huge square while eating Dividends Salads.

HC: Where do you hope to be in 10 years?CJ: Running a social enterprise out of San Francisco with some buddies. Appearing on the red carpet with Jennifer Lawrence by night.

HC: What would you tell your freshman self today? CJ: Be fearlessly yourself and celebrate failure.

HC: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?CJ: I wanted to be the guy who stands on Shamu’s nose at SeaWorld. 

HC: What’s your biggest pet peeve?CJ: When people step on the back of your flip flops. Irrational anger.

HC: What’s one thing on your senior bucket list that you absolutely have to do before you leave Miami?CJ: I took Modern Dance this semester as a YOLO-swag senior moment. Our goal is to have the entire school show up to Phillips Hall on May 6 at 4:10pm. Not joking.

Choose one…Charra or Pinata: Pinata. New Charra needs to get it together and FAST.Trashcan or Redskin: Redskin. it’s an American classic, I think.McDonalds or Taco Bell: Taco Bell. The crunch wrap supreme is a gift from God.Super Bad or Step Brothers: Step Brothers, friendship goals at their finest.Coffee or RedBull: Coffee, because you can’t get free Redbull from McDonalds every Monday. #College

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.