This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Brianna Picciuto is involved in CAC and ASG. She also works with University Tee’s as a Campus Representative and is a member of the President’s Coalition. We caught up with her near the end of the term to see what she has to look back on and look forward to.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?
BP: I will be living in Cincinnati working with Procter & Gamble doing Market Research. My dream job! I’ll be in the laundry department (Tide, Gain, and Cheer) and conducting consumer research to provide solutions for the marketing team. Ever since I went into marketing that’s what I’ve wanted to do.

HC: What kind of challenges do you face?
BP: The biggest challenge I’m facing right now is I really want to bring CAC to the next level. “Planning with a Purpose” was part of my platform when I ran. Its goal is to make sure that our events are not only fun, but also serving the student body in the best way possible. We’re constantly asking ourselves “why”. Why are we bringing this program? Why are we spending money on this program? Will students enjoy it? We’re constantly making sure that we’re being good stewards of student fee dollars.  Harder day-to-day challenges would be motivating members, thinking outside the box and creativity. 

HC: What was campaigning like?
BP: Oh my god, I lost 10 pounds. It was very stressful. I would say about everyday I probably had 3-5 meetings with organizations I was going to talk to, and people I was trying to meet with–such as administrators and faculty. I had a solid plan from the beginning and a great campaigning team consisting of close friends, which was very helpful. It was fun being able to meet people regardless of who supported you or not. I felt very popular!

HC: What influences your style?
BP: I really like a preppy style. I look at [Duchess Catherine]; I love her stuff. I like to look through J Crew catalogues. I like classic pieces that I can wear in years to come. I always wear headbands. When I don’t, people call me out for it. 

Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.