The Best Leggings, Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

If it doesnt involve leggings, is it really an outfit? Theyre a collegiettes wardrobe go-to, and we all wear them more than wed like to admit. If youre searching for a good pair to buy next, here is a compiled list of the top choices for leggings and what makes them fabulous.

1. LululemonLoved by all types of athletes, celebrities and college students like ourselves, Lululemon Athletica’s Wunder Under style takes the crown for best leggings. The signature Luon fabric is known for holding up extremely well after years of use (my first pair is turning five years old soon and is still in tip top shape), especially for not being see-through like some cotton leggings. At around $80-$100 a pair, they are on the pricier side, but the quality and fit of these pants make them well worth the investment.

2. Hard Tail ForeverA yogi cult secret, Hard Tail Forevers leggings are adored for their super-soft, cotton fabric thats thick enough to not be see-through and their signature roll down waistband. Though the brand gained popularity all along the west coast for designing colorful prints and tie-dye garments, their Razor Back Roll Down Ankle Legging in black is the essential starter legging for any closet, anywhere. And at $68, youll definitely want more than one pair.

3. GapFitThis is the place to go if youre someone who likes options! Having just introduced a cotton version for comfort, a pair complete with reflectors for outdoor athletes and a thicker, heavier fabric for winter, these pants are the answer for any activity youre into. After redesigning the seams on the pants to be flat (read: no chafing) the entire line of gFast leggings are getting rave reviews for both fit and function.

4. NikeThe Nike Legendary Tights are a popular and trusted favorite for good reason. The fact that they meet all of the comfort requirements of athletes make these pants perfect for everyday as well. Featuring the softest fabric made by nike that has a high nylon content means that they’re not see-through, are insanely durable and will stand up to a ton of washings. Meaning that even though they have a $95 price tag, theyre a great buy.  

Abigail is a freshman contributing writer for MiamiOH
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.