April Showers Bring May Flowers: Blooming Floral Trends For Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

As April comes to a close, with the month of May in visibility around the corner, we have been blessed with a spurt of nice weather, providing the perfect opportunity to incorporate florals into your day-to-day wardrobe. Coming in a wide array of flower arrangements and spring hues, this floral trend is exactly what the fashion world needed to stray away from the drab blacks, blues, and greys of the winter.

What I love most about this widespread floral trend is the fact that these somewhat busy prints can easily spice up any outfit, and for someone that prefers simplicity rather than overpowering pieces, it perfectly balances and brightens up my closet for spring. While flipping through any fashion editorial, you’re bound to find this print on baby doll dresses, clutches, blouses, dresses; really anything you name it, but what I’m loving most is this springtime print on a pump. Yes, a pump. This should be no surprise, coming from an avid shoe connoisseur, and while I may be a little biased, I think it is the perfect solution to achieve adding that extra umph to an otherwise bland outfit.

Celebrities have all hopped on this floral bandwagon too, and are sporting the print on everything from two-piece suits to tea-length skirts.

As you do some spring cleaning and get rid of the old and welcome in the new (pieces to you wardrobe) this season, I would strongly advise you to look twice at that floral shirt or floral clutch you would have otherwise thought of as gaudy. The possibilities to run wild with this trend could be endless, if you would just allow it happen.