This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

This week’s beatboxing campus cutie is freshman Alex Stevens. Take a minute to get to know this talented (and single) ice cream loving guy. If you can snag a date with him, you better be ready for a front row seat to Cirque du Soleil and a head-banging jam session in his car on the way home.  

Year: FreshmanMajor/Minor: Marketing/Music CompositionHometown: West ChesterRelationship Status: SingleOn campus activities: Open Fifth, Boxing Club, CRU

Favorites…Favorite class you’ve ever taken: Music TheoryFavorite song of all time: Apartment by Young The GiantFavorite ice cream flavor: Toffee ChipFavorite Uptown hotspot: KofenyaFavorite memory from college: Eating food. Not one specific meal, but just food in general.

What do you like most about being in OF?I love how accepting the guys are of the new “pints” (which is code for the newbies – just hanging and getting to know those guys has been so fun.

How long have you been singing and what’s your favorite song to sing and why?I actually tried out for beatboxing and had no intention of singing. These guys have been slowly convincing/forcing me to sing … but I think I’ll stick to beatboxing. I have been beatboxing for around five years now. So my favorite song to beatbox would be “Billy Jean” by Michael Jackson – because it’s a really cliché beatboxing song, but it is so fun to do!

What the coolest thing you’ve ever done?Climb[ed] Mt. Shasta in northern California.

If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring one person with you and three of your possessions … what would you bring and who would you want with you?I would bring my best friend Sam Handelsman, a piano, a ukulele and as much candy as possible.

Who do you admire most and why?I would have to say Frodo Baggins. Even while carrying the incredible burden of The Ring, he was able to look fear in the eyes and destroy it. He is my inspiration.

Are you a Trashcan or a Redskin kind of guy?Trashcan

If you could date any celebrity, who would it be?Emma Watson

What does a perfect date look like for you?Sushi, Cirque du Soleil, listen to music, ice cream, play music and more ice cream.

Would you rather…Would you rather be famous or be the best friend of someone famous?I would rather be famous.

Would you rather go way back in time and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great grandchildren?I would rather go into the future. That would be sweet.

Would you rather win the lottery or live twice as long?Live twice as long.

Would you rather have an endless supply of your favorite candy bar or free chipotle for life?My favorite candy. Absolutely yes.

Emily Hanhart is a senior at Miami University. She is the Assistant Editor for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.