9 Ways to Get 10,000 Steps Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
  1. Take the long way to class – Leave enough time for you to take the long way. You don’t want to be late to class because you were getting steps for your Fitbit.
  2. Don’t take the elevator – by taking the stairs you are bound to get 100 more steps than you would if you took the elevator.
  3. Take a walk – looking for a way to procrastinate a big paper? Take a walk around campus. Chances are you will find a creative idea for your paper.
  4. Find a trail – Hueston Woods in Oxford has plenty of great trails. Plus, it’s gorgeous!
  5. Make a competition with your friends – Fitbit has an option to start a “Workweek Hustle”. You can invite your friends and see who gets the most step during the week.
  6. Say no to rides – Unless the place is far away, take a car. But, if you are just headed Uptown to grab some ice cream with friends, WALK!
  7. Get bored while walking? RUN! – Running will make the time go by faster and you will get just as much steps.
  8. Don’t like to run and still get bored walking? Bring something to do! – Music is always a good idea. Make a playlist that will keep your interest. Or, bring index cards so you can be productive on your walk!
  9. Get outside! – See where the day takes you.
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs