6 Reasons Why You Should Go to Dakota’s Roadhouse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
Welcome to Dakota’s Roadhouse, the new steakhouse that recently opened in Oxford.  If you’re thinking of where to go uptown for dinner, stop right now, because we have six great reasons why your next meal out should be at Dakota’s:

1. New Restaurant!
Do you like to try new things? Well, here’s the newest addition to the collection of restaurants and eateries Oxford has to offer. Located in Patterson’s Square (off of College Ave.) on the opposite corner from Patterson’s Café, Dakota’s is accessible to anyone and in a prime location that’s close to other stores and venues but far enough away to avoid the uptown rush.

2. For Any Occasion
Whether you’re taking your parents somewhere for dinner, part of a group looking for a place to eat, or going on a dinner-for-two, Dakota’s is the place for you. The set-up of the restaurant allows for adjustments to be made to fit a larger crowd while still catering to more intimate and smaller parties. Also, the tables and booths are far enough away in proximity that you don’t feel squished or forced to sit in a tight space between strangers and you can have an easy-to-hear-without-being-overheard conversation with whomever you’re dining with. Also, Dakota’s has party rooms perfect for celebrations or fundraiser events and a bar (21 and older!).

3. Fancy Space, But Not Too Formal
The design and set-up of the restaurants far exceeds any preconceived image you might have of a typical steakhouse. Spacious, clean, and more upscale than an Outback Steakhouse or BW3s, this is a nicer venue that you could take relatives or someone special to that won’t be as crowded as some of the more well-known places in Oxford. This doesn’t mean you can’t wear sweatpants here (*sigh*). The mood of the restaurant is very relaxed, positive, and fun; there’s no rush to move people in and out, and you feel as though you are at a restaurant back home.

4. Great Food
Craving for some “big, bold flavors of the Wild West” at an affordable price? Dakota’s is your restaurant. Sirloins are cut to order, and all steaks are grilled to order.  Choose any delicious entre, such as prime rib, buffalo chicken salad, angus beef burger, barbeque pork, and so much more. I recommend starting your meal with Loaded Tater Tots― tater tots, topped with Cheddar cheese, bacon, tomatoes, green onion, and jalapenos, served with tangy cream sauce!

5. Pescetarian? Vegetarian? No Problem!
Dakota’s also offers dishes without meat but with just as much flavor and quality. Try the Grilled Salmon, Fried Catfish, or Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta. Another popular choice is Calamity Jane’s Cajun Tilapia.  So even if steak and meat aren’t your thing, there’s a delicious option waiting for you at Dakota’s.

6. Fundraising Events
Looking for the perfect place to host your fundraising event to raise money for a good cause? Dakota’s can make fundraising easy, fast, and fun! Schedule an evening, invite friends, family, and neighbors, and Dakota’s will donate 15 percent of your group’s total sales.  Just ask the manager on duty for an application form (or find it on their website), and make fundraising that much easier and fun!

By: Tess Sohngen