jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Chill Out During Stressful Weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

1. Make a checklist of things you need to do and reward yourself when you complete tasks

Not only will this lay out the things you have to do in an organized fashion, but it will also make you more motivated to finish tasks if you know there is a reward at the end (especially if it’s food related).

2. Exercise during some of your study breaks

Keep yourself moving by stepping outside and take a walk, jumping in the pool, or taking a yoga class at the rec center.  This will take your mind off things and will help you destress.

3. Spend time with your friends

Don’t stay cooped up in your room for days at a time, spend an hour or two with friends during your breaks.  Your friends are sometimes exactly what you need to help you relax.

4. Don’t procrastinate 

This cannot be stressed enough.  If you have three weeks to write a paper, don’t do it the night before.  Starting early will help take a huge weight off your shoulders and prevent last minute cramming.

5. Take a sec and breathe

Remember, college is a fun, once in a lifetime experience. Don’t stress out too hard, and just keep telling yourself if you can get through this week, then anything is possible.  

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus