5 Tips to Get Your Sh*t Together This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

College is hard. But fear not, for we have plenty of tips to help you get organized and stay organized this semester. From study tips, to life and college hacks, this list will get you back on top of things in no time.

1.         Use a weekly planner

Put aside the calendar app in your phone and use an agenda to specifically write down assignments and due dates for each of your classes. It’s a simple task, but makes a huge difference!

2.         Color coordinate the supplies you use for each class

When it comes to staying organized, I find that this really helps me keep track of everything I need for class. I make sure that for each class I have an individually colored notebook/folder and matching pen with which I can record my assignments. That way, I never grab the wrong notebook for lectures or mix up due dates for classes.

3.          Create To-Do Lists

Using post-its, notecards, phone apps, a whiteboard or whatever works for you, make a to-do list of all your tangibles for the day. I cannot even begin to describe how satisfying it is to cross off even the most mundane of tasks – like going to the grocery store. This helps me prioritize what I need to do, while also giving me a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day when I see items crossed off my list.

4.         Work Hard, Play Hard

If you have a stressful week with classes and you spent extra hours in King cramming for an exam, make sure you take the time to recuperate and do something for you. Whether that means carving out an hour to take a yoga class at the Rec, or treating yourself to a night on the Brick Street dance floor with your gal-pals, do something that will take your mind off work for a while.

5.         Get enough sleep!!!

Go to bed earlier, take naps, sleep in if you need too, but make sure you’re getting enough sleep throughout the week. Otherwise, you’ll find it difficult to accomplish anything you attempt to do.

For those of us who struggle to get our sh*t together, I hope these simple tips are easy to implement and help you feel a little less overwhelmed! Remember, college is a stressful time but there are always ways to make it easier on yourself. Don’t lose momentum and this will be the best semester yet.

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus