5 Shows to Binge Watch Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

While Netflix and I currently have some issues (taking off How I Met Your Mother? Are you kidding me??), I still love to spend my free time binge watching tv shows. Yes there are plenty of other things I could be doing, but it’s my guilty pleasure and over the years I’ve developed what I like to call my master list of shows you just have to watch.

1. Grey’s Anatomy

If you haven’t seen Grey’s Anatomy yet, honestly what are you doing? Meredith and Christina are the ultimate dynamic duo, there’s enough drama to make your head spin, and all of the characters are totally badass. Not to mention it just had its 300th episode, which I think is a pretty impressive thing to accomplish.

2. Jane the Virgin

Jane the Virgin is one of those shows I didn’t expect to like but immediately fell in love with. The main character, Jane, is accidentally artificially inseminated, and everything just goes crazy from there. It’s modeled after a Telenovela which just adds to the light hearted humor, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. It’s a show that has made me laugh and it’s made me cry, and if you start watching now maybe you can catch up to the season that’s currently airing! Not to mention, Jane is my spirit animal and Gina Rodriguez is amazing.

3. Scandal

Apparently I’m Shonda Rhimes’ target audience because I can’t get enough of her shows. Scandal follows Olivia Pope’s journey in D.C. and there’s a reason the show is called what it is. Olivia is a total bada** who makes you want to run the world and the show will have you dying to know what happens next.

4. Lost

While this one isn’t as current as the others, it’s still one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. It can be crazy confusing, but the whole show is like a puzzle and if you figure something out before it’s revealed it’s a great feeling. The characters are completely flawed but you still love them, and the storyline is constantly evolving and throwing you off, which is the type of thing I love. 10/10 recommend to anyone who has a lot of time because it’s a pretty big time commitment (6 seasons worth).

5. Stranger Things

If you haven’t watched Stranger Things yet you’re totally missing out. It’s incredibly suspenseful and has a supernatural element that leaves you confused but intrigued. It’s pretty hard not to fall in love with the characters, and now there’s a second season, too! It definitely lives up to all of the hype it gets – plus, could the cast be any more adorable?

Extended breaks from college are meant for binge watching and that’s a fact. If you’re really dedicated you might even be able to finish a few of these before it’s over!

Feature Photo

Just another college girl with a love for writing, coffee, and adventures. 
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs