14 Makeup Products That Are Actually Worth Your Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

You work hard for your money, so when you go to Sephora, you want to make sure you’re buying good quality makeup. I have found many fail products, but I have also found some great ones that I reach for every day. Here are 14 makeup products that I love, and, hopefully, you will too.  

Benefit Porefessional Face Primer

This primer will help your makeup stay on all day. One pea-sized drop before you put on your foundation, and it will stay on from your 8 am class through your late-night dinner plans with friends.

Too Faced Born this Way Foundation

This foundation will feel light on your skin, while giving you medium to full coverage. It lasts all day and won’t flash back in all the pictures you take, while you’re out with your friends.

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer

Whether you are using it under your eyes or on top of a breakout, this concealer will make your makeup look perfect.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

This pencil will give you natural, but full looking brows that stay on all day.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer

The Hoola Bronzer will give you sun-kissed skin that looks like you were just at the beach. It will warm up your skin and helps contour your face.

BECCA Highlighter in Champagne Pop

Champagne Pop is by far my favorite shade in this line, but any color is great. You only need to use a little product for a strong highlight.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

If you have problems with eyeshadow creasing, this product will solve that problem. It helps to counteract creasing, makes colors more vibrant, and holds your eyeshadow in place all day.

Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette

Any Pro palette you buy will be great, but my personal favorite is the original. The shadows are a little powdery, but they blend well and the colors are very pigmented.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

The colors in this palette are different than what you usually get in an eyeshadow palette, but they are still wearable. If you are looking for something new and unusual, I highly recommend this palette.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

Coming in many different colors, this pencil gives you many different looks, while also being pigmented and easy to apply.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

This mascara lifts, lengthens, and separates your lashes. It helps the curl last all day, and it does not flake off your lashes.

Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick

This is by far the longest lasting lip product I have ever used. The color stays after talking all day, drinking coffee, and eating. If you do need to reapply, it also layers well.

Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray

If you spray your face with this setting spray before a night out, your makeup is guaranteed to last all night. There are different formulas, depending on what your need is.

Lancome Eye Makeup Remover

It comes at a high price point, but if you can afford it, this makeup remover is the best. It removes all of your makeup gently, so it won’t cause wrinkles or damage your lashes.

Hannah is a freshman at Miami University, where she is majoring in journalism. She has a puggle, named Bailey, loves tennis, and is a huge Survivor fan. Follow her on Instagram @hmbanas99
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs