11 Things On Your Mind During GBD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Arguably one of the best days of spring semester is Green Beer Day, and this year was no exception. You probably ordered one of the many t-shirts made and sold by one of the ambitious fraternity boys just for the day (picking out a shirt for GBD may have been harder than picking a major) and picked it up from some shady address. After weeks of anticipation since you’ve stepped back on campus, it finally arrived, the day we’d all been waiting for.

Here are 11 things that were probably on your mind during the famous Green Beer Day:

1. Am I really getting up at 3 a.m.? That seems really exhausting. When do I go to bed on Wednesday? Do I go even to bed?

2. Hell yeah! I’m ready. I can’t wait for tomorrow. I think I’ll skim Yik Yak until I fall asleep.

3. I can’t sleep.

4. Cheers to my professors for not scheduling exams on this beautiful day of green.

5. Sorry to the other ones who might be missing me in class…

6. Her shirt is so cute AND funny.

7. My shirt is only funny… I knew I should have picked another shirt.

8. If I nap, will I wake up before Green Beer Day ends? It’s a risk I’m willing to take right now.

9. Must. Get. Green. Bagel.

10. I’ll take three of those green Jell-O cups, please.

11. I should be in my stats class right now! But, I’m not! This is so great.

12. Okay, no more Jell-O.  

13. I love you all! And yes, I would like green beer and ham.

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.