The struggles of getting your bikini body as told by Jess from New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Summer is fast approaching, and that means that everyone is going to be hitting the gym to get in shape. While a getting bikini body sounds like a really great idea, actually doing it can be difficult. Jess from the TV show New Girl understands the struggle.

When you realize that summer is only a month or two away and you haven’t even started working out…

And you finally decide you’d better hit the gym, as much as you hate it.

Those first few workouts really kick your butt… And your arms… And your abs… And pretty much your entire body.

You’re doing great with your diet, too… Until you see fries or ice cream.

Then you just get really angry at yourself and feel like giving up on the whole thing.

That makes you wonder… Is getting your “perfect” summer body really worth obsessing over?

Finally, you realize that you can rock a bikini just the way you are.

Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)