This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.
1. Tell all your friends and roommates how desperate the need to do your laundry is, as if telling everyone will make you finally do it

2. Decide that you can stick it out for a few days and go into complete denial about the need for clean clothes
3. Run out of something essential like socks, undergarments, jeans, dresses, that really cute sweater, etc.
4. Gather up your clothes and trudge, defeated, to the laundry room

5. Actually start to put clothes into the machines

6. Try your best not to let your clothes fall out of the dryer when you take them out

7. Fold your perfectly fresh and clean clothes

8. Put on your favorite pair of leggings, which have been sitting at the bottom of the basket since last laundry day
Jessica is an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing.  She is a member of the Honor's Program, Her Campus, The Writer's House Writing Circle, Orientation, and Onstagers Theater.  Her hobbies include drinking Diet Pepsi, daydreaming, and writing about every experience/scenario she can think of.
Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)