Black Friday Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Black Friday is the annual kick-off for holiday shopping. This year some of the top retail stores surprisingly opened their doors Thanksgiving night. Even Macy’s broke tradition and followed other store opening to greet thousands of costumers lined up outside the store Thursday night. Retailers such as Wal-Mart and Target also opened doors on Thursday. The idea behind these early openings of the stores were said to stop the violence of shoppers that were caused last year, leaving some employees dead in the Tri-State area. Some costumers were ecstatic to get a head start on Black Friday shopping early, while others thought it took away from the traditional Black Friday shopping. 

Target opened at 8pm Thursday and still had an overwhelming number of costumers. Wal-Mart opened two hours earlier than last year leaving shoppers with even more time to snatch good deals. The sales are still happening as we speak, so be sure to check them out and get ready for Cyber Monday!