This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

1.    MAC Mini Studio Moisture Cream $10

Since it’s gone from tropical weather to the artic in about two days your skin  probably isn’t at its best right now. Cramming for finals also doesn’t leave a ton of time to make sure you’re staying hydrated either so your skin can get super dry. Normally I’m all about the drugstore options but this moisturizer leaves no residue on the skin, absorbs almost immediately and smells wicked good too. In my opinion it’s the best option to ward off winter dryness.

2.    Fit Me Concealer by Maybelline $6

Tired eyes are hard to avoid this week. The best way to cast some light on those dark circles is with this concealer. I’ve been using it with my daily makeup for years and I always tell people it’s my favorite drugstore concealer because as far as drugstore concealers go it really doesn’t noticeably crease (plus after spending money on more expensive brands that supposedly “don’t crease” its just as good).  Depending on how many hours of sleep you got, you might need more then other days so its also buildable coverage and great for breakouts too.

3.    Lash Blast Mascara $5

This is another one of my daily go-to favorites and a way to help those tired eyes even more. Curling your lashes then lengthening them with Lash Blast will open them right up. (Tip: if you get the waterproof kind its less likely to flake and smudge throughout those long days running around to finish assignments).

4.    Burt’s Bee’s Natural Lip Shimmer $5

Prime chap stick weather always falls right around finals so if you’re gonna have one it better be good. I love these because not only do they add a little bit of subtle color to your lips but the menthol and peppermint makes them all tingly… and anything that will help you feel more away this week is a must have.

5.    Tresemme Dry Shampoo $5

Everyone has those days where they find themselves sitting in the common room still in their pajamas adding last minute touches at7:50am to that essay due in ten minutes. Well to make sure you don’t look like Danny Zucco as you power walk your essay into that 8am, dry shampoo is something you can’t go without. Having tried a few brands I have stuck with this one. Not only does it smell great but also it puts a little life back into my hair on days when there’s no time to shower before class. Keeping your roots down tends to work best with this by doing a low bun or pony with a part because pulling your hair back into a tight pony or bun tends to show the greasy parts of your hair even if you spray it. By holding your hair in a snookie poof and spraying closest to the roots and the front you can make sure that you get it all over instead of just on the outside layer.

6.    Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Body Mist (Mini) $10

After the show the other night who doesn’t want to feel like a VS angel… quickest thing I can suggest is this body mist. The girly smell will make you feel put together even if you’ve been all over the place for the last week. Feeling a little better this week is something everyone needs and it kinda works like a look good, feel good type of effect but smell good feel good I guess? Either way this mist will brighten up your day with a few sprits.

7.    L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder  $8

Running on little sleep means you probably will be looking a little under the weather. Bring back a little bit of your summer glow by lightly brushing some of this along the hollows of your cheeks and blending up into your for head. I would also recommend getting a lighter color that matches your skin just to set the under eye concealer and  I always get a third in between color just to blend it all together. (Most of the looks I put together on my Instagram @brennamcdonalddesigns or on other people for events have these powders to set and contour)

One two or all of these together are just little ways to make you feel a little brighter this week. Hopefully you find these tips helpful! Happy Finals Week & good luck! 

I'm Brenna McDonald, a sophomore at Merrimack college who loves hair & makeup. Follow brennamcdonalddesigns on instagram to see a little more about what I love to do! 
Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)