5 Weekend Trips You Need to Take!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

1. Richardson’s Ice cream

Just 15 min down the road is an ice cream lover’s paradise! Choose from their various award winning flavors and enjoy your dessert with the farms adorable cows! Make it into a day trip by heading next door to Golfcountry, where you can use their driving ranges, batting cages or miniature golf courses!

2. Downtown Andover

Shopping spree anyone!? Only 3 min down the road rests Andover center. Filled with dozens of cute stores, boutiques, restaurants, and of course Brueggers! You can grab brunch at the renowned Brueggers Bagels and then head next door to Coco Collection and Dresscode. It’s the perfect outing!

3. Connors Farm

Day Time: Looking for the perfect farm to visit this fall? Check out Connors Farm. They have a world famous 7acre corn maze, hayrides, a pumpkin blaster, slingshots, and even a mechanical bull. You can do your apple picking, raspberry, blackberry, and even pumpkin picking here. There is something for everyone!

Night time: Zombie paint ball and Hysteria open this weekend! Looking for some Halloween fun? You can’t miss this, terrifying maze of torture where you’ll struggle to control yourself from screaming at the top of your lungs.

4. Nature Walk in Harold Parker State Forest

View Boston from the hills of Andover in one of the most beautiful seasons of New England. Explore hundred year old bogs on wooden bridges and just explore the woods with a Harold Parker map. Can’t get a ride view these hidden treasures? Just a short walk away behind St. Ann apartments is a maze of trails, entrance at the end of K lot. 

5. Salem Witch Trials

Welcome to Americas biggest Halloween party! Just a short trip away, come to the hometown of the witch trials. Plan your day out or simply walk the crowded streets of Salem to find street performers, delicious food, graveyards, little boutiques, and other haunted happenings! Sip on apple cider and down some fresh cider doughnuts as you join in with the festivities.

Don’t have a car? Use Merrimack’s Transportation

http://www.merrimack.edu/campuslife/gettinginvolved/transportation.php

Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)