This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

The start of this semester brought an addition to our Merrimack College campus that everyone can enjoy! This is the 47 Lounge, located in Deegan West residence hall. This new space includes 4 mounted TVs, a large projector screen, plenty of seating space and a full kitchen. During any time of the day, you can find both resident students and commuters in the lounge eating, watching TV and doing homework. I think I can speak for just about everyone when I say that my favorite part of the lounge is the full kitchen! This makes it easy for anyone to use the appliances whenever they choose without needing their own in their dorm room. Along with the appliances, there is a large kitchen table to cater large groups that are cooking meals together or just for a night of takeout. Not only is the kitchen great, but the modern look of the furniture and room design makes for a more exciting place to hang out. The TVs and the projector have been used every week for football games along with movie nights that take place here; floor programs set up by resident advisors are just more examples of what goes on in this lounge. So far this space has been a success and I’m sure that Merrimack students will find other creative uses for this area. With a gas fireplace in the middle of the room, we can’t to see how this space is used once the cold weather hits!

Part of the HC Merrimack College chapter.
Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)