100th Episode of the Vampire Diaries Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

It’s tough getting back to school after a month of winter break, but there is one thing to look forward to and that’s the return of the Vampire Diaries! Thursday night’s episode was the much loved show’s 100th episode and it was full of surprises, which kept viewers at the edge of their seat. 

If you love Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev), this episode will not disappoint you. The episode started off with a flashback of Katherine delivering her daughter Nadia (Olga Fonda) and having her father take her daughter away from her. Here, we saw a much more selfless version of the Katherine Pierce we know and love.  Speeding back up to present day, as Katherine was dying, other characters such as Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Elena (Nina Dobrev) , Bonnie (Kat Graham), Caroline (Candice Accola), Matt (Zach Roerig) and Jeremy ( Steven McQueen) reminisced about all the evil things Katherine has done to them throughout the years. This scene had to be the funniest of the episode. Stefan was the only one who seemed to show any type of compassion for Katherine throughout her dying hour.

Another major point in the episode was when Klaus (Joseph Morgan) came back and he and Caroline shared an intimate moment in the woods after Caroline finally admitted that she has feelings for him. Rebekah (Claire Holt) also made an appearance and had a brief encounter with her old flame Matt. Also, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) was in Katherine’s head as she was dying.

The most jaw dropping moment came at the end however when Katherine was on her death bed and Elena forgave her for all her wrongdoings. This was a sweet moment for the two of them and just as Elena made the last injection into Katherine’s arm that would put her to sleep forever, something happened. Katherine had taken over Elena’s body and it is unknown what happened to Elena. We’re not exactly sure how this happened, but it had something to do with Katherine’s daughter Nadia who helped with this scheme. 

The 100th episode of the Vampire Diaries really did deliver. Since season 5 has been a little bit slow the show definitely picked up the pace for this special episode. I guess that’s not the last we’ll see of Katherine Pierce, at least for now. 

Michelle is a 20 year old from Stoneham, Massachusetts. She graduated in 2010 from Stoneham High School and is now a junior at Merrimack College. She is an English major and hopes to pursue a career in journalism in the near future. She also has a part-time job which she enjoys. When she is not in school or working, she likes to spend time with family and friends. She enjoys shopping, going to the movies, and going to the beach. She loves to write and would like to write for a magazine or newspaper someday.