Voice of an Angel: Katie Elliot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Katie Elliot is a 20 year-old junior voice major with minor in theater. Here is what she had to share with Mercer about her fabulous self:

Hometown: Technically Macon, but I moved to Macon so technically Macon.

Campus involvement: Mercer Singers, Mercer Opera, Peer Advising, and Mu Phi Epsilon

Favorite part of Mercer: I really love the small class sizes, I would have been overwhelmed at a large school, but I feel like I really get to know the professors and they really help me one on one, like if I’m struggling they are able to be like here is what going on individualized attention

Future Profession: I would love to perform, I would love to be in the Chorus at the Met or anywhere really, that’s my dream.

Favorite type of music: Obviously classical music I really like Rossini for classical music, but I also like listening to rock, it gets me studying.

Description of performance style: Dark Chocolate and Loud.

Favorite Mercer memory: My favorite time of the year is the week before school starts where we do peer advisor training, It really gets me excited to come back to school and help all the incoming freshmen.

Top TV shows: 1) South Park

2) Once Upon a Time

Favorite part about herself: I feel like I’m pretty friendly and outgoing, and I can ease the tension

Life Motto: Really know yourself, know who you are, know what you like, know what you wanna do, because if you don’t know it’s a lifelong process

Favorite thing to do: I really like just listening to music and knitting and reading and watching Musical Theater

Favorite Mercer annual event: I really like Bear Stock, both years. I’ve gone to the earlier bands, but I haven’t gone to the later bands because of music school stuff. I really like going to the earlier bands because it is a lot more low key.

Favorite Food: Lasagna. 

Olivia is a Business Major at Mercer University, pursuing a degree in Management and a minor in Marketing. With love for the arts she aspire to someday open her own bakery and non-profit organization for the arts. With a passion for all thing in life she hopes to spread the joy of community and creativity.
Steffiny is a senior pursuing a B.A Accounting degree at Mercer University. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus Mercer. Steffiny is very active at her campus. She is the Vice President of Alumni Relations for Delta Sigma Pi (the professional business fraternity), a Resident Assistant, and she works at the Academic Resource Center. Steffiny has many other talents, one of which is Indian dance choreography. If she could be anything in the world, she hopes to be a mermaid. Steffiny likes to travel, spend time with family and friends, listen to Disney songs (especially the Tarzan soundtrack), and play in the rain. This past summer she went to New Zealand for an accounting internship. After she graduates in May 2015, she will go to Thailand to teach English for nine months!