A Mercer Man: Gregory Alan McLain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

1) What is your age: 20

2) Year: Junior

3) Major: Biology

4) What are you involved in on campus?

Mentor for the Minority Mentors Program, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society, FCA Leadership Committee, Defensive Tackle for Mercer Football

5) How would you describe your personality and character? 

I’d describe myself as humorous, sarcastic, and protective of those I care for. I treat folk how I would want to be treated and I am there for those when and if they need it.

6) Favorite Movie: Holes

7) Favorite Quote: “With great power, comes great responsibility”

8) A fun fact about yourself? 

I play piano.

9) What are your interests and activities? 

I’m interested in food and I believe eating is a wonderful activity. On a serious note, I enjoy cooking. Besides that, there’s nothing like a good game of Spades in the presence of good company. 

10) What is your ideal romantic date? 

Dinner at my place. I cook. Jazz music in the background; a nice incense caressing our nostrils. All the while, us enjoying good conversation. 

11) What are some qualities you look for in a girl? 

Common sense, humor, sarcasm/whit, respective of her elders and protective of her loved ones, and knowing how to cook and clean.

12) What do you think is the most confusing thing girls do? 

I don’t believe girls are too confusing.

13) If you could take your girl to any place in the world, where would it be?

I would take her to my mother’s house. My mother can see things in women I may be interested in that I may not necessarily see. Good or bad. So, if whoever I’m interested in at the time could pass “the test”, we could THEN discuss traveling to various locations.

14) What are your future goals and ambitions?

I plan on successfully obtaining my degree in Biology and also my Doctorate of Pharmacy. I want to pursue a lucrative career in the wide world of pharmacy, make sure my family is taken care of, and later give back to my community by teaching at my old elementary school.

15) Guilty Pleasure?

Peanut butter, jelly, and cream cheese sandwiches. However, I feel far from guilty when I make them and eat them.

16) Celebrity Crush: Keke Palmer.

Olivia is a Business Major at Mercer University, pursuing a degree in Management and a minor in Marketing. With love for the arts she aspire to someday open her own bakery and non-profit organization for the arts. With a passion for all thing in life she hopes to spread the joy of community and creativity.