Campus’s Fresh Face: Ashila Jawani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Major: Biology and Economics, Pre-med

Minor: Global Health

Classification: Freshman

Campus Involvement: Community Service Chair for Alpha Delta Pi, SGA Liaison for Panhellenic, Cabinet Member for SNMA-Maps

Hobbies: Dancing is really close to my heart. I am a trained classical dancer, and dance is my passion. I also really enjoy writing, volunteering, and working with kids.

Role Model: My two older cousins who are more like brothers to me are my role models. Both of them have been successful in everything they set their mind to, and that motivates me to be the best that I can be at all that I partake in. Every day I strive to be just like my two older brothers. The way they support their family and friends is remarkable. They are some of the most selfless and some of the strongest men I have ever encountered. 

Future Plans: I plan to be a pediatrician. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to help people and work with kids, so I simply put those two together. I also plan to open a dance academy.

What is your favorite Mercer memory? My favorite Mercer memory so far has been Bid Day! It was all so exciting. I gained 80 new sisters and found my home on campus.

What is your favorite food? Wings! I love love wings, but they cannot be boneless, and have to be spicy!

Favorite Quote: “But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”- Brave new world

Steffiny is a senior pursuing a B.A Accounting degree at Mercer University. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus Mercer. Steffiny is very active at her campus. She is the Vice President of Alumni Relations for Delta Sigma Pi (the professional business fraternity), a Resident Assistant, and she works at the Academic Resource Center. Steffiny has many other talents, one of which is Indian dance choreography. If she could be anything in the world, she hopes to be a mermaid. Steffiny likes to travel, spend time with family and friends, listen to Disney songs (especially the Tarzan soundtrack), and play in the rain. This past summer she went to New Zealand for an accounting internship. After she graduates in May 2015, she will go to Thailand to teach English for nine months!