This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Picture a field of sunflowers with a storm brewing close behind. The sky is dark and the winds are fierce. It’s a metaphor: The sunflower represents a person and the storm represents their mind. The winds are strong, but the person is stronger. They stand tall through the nearing darkness. The beauty of everything is a pure distraction. They shine through the hardships and, for that, they’re strong. Their growth comes from the rain produced by the storm, never letting it drown them.

Grow through what you go through, they are the purest form of growth. They are able to overcome everything that has been thrown at them. The world seems far away from where they stand but from your point of view it is right there at their fingertips. All they are able to see is the storm, but I am able to see the bigger picture, the better picture. They are more than what surrounds them.

There is more to them than broken petals and raindrops. They fail to see their true potential, ambition, and kindness that is within them. They fail to see that they are the ray of sunshine they are searching for.

Love your life. Love yourself. There is more to you than your struggles, you just might not be able to see it yet. Within time, you too will see the beauty and potential you hold. Everyone has a story. Everyone also has a purpose. We are all meant to make a difference and we all hold the ability to make a difference whether we change the world someday or make someone smile. Even the smallest things can make a difference. Everyone is capable of being loved; nobody is impossible to love. Never let anyone let you think otherwise.

Meghan is a sophomore who majors in Psychology with a minor in behavior analysis. She is one of the two campus correspondents of the MCLA chapter. Writing has become first nature for her- it's like riding a bike into paradise. She primarily writes about love with the hope to become the female version of Nicholas Sparks someday.
Mitchell Chapman is a young journalist looking to make a name for himself. He's been published in The Berkshire Eagle, Bennington Banner, Brattleboro Reformer and the Huffington Post and was the editor of his school's newspaper, The Beacon, after serving first as A & E Editor and then Managing Editor. He is a big science fiction fan, and is known for his quips on the blockbuster movie industry. He is a proud brother of the Sigma Chi Beta fraternity.