Her Campus: MCLA positions for Spring 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

As MCLA’s chapter of Her Campus enters its second semester on campus since its relaunch, here are the official positions for the Spring 2018 semester. Note: It is not too late to join! Her Campus: MCLA accepts applications on a rolling basis, through this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe74CgZAsceU48cjUpRx8VdwDRObxk6qItFGO07vZussa7vqA/viewform

New leadership

Her Campus: MCLA is proud to announce that Brigid Downey and Cat Duhaime have been selected as the chapter’s Campus Correspondents for the spring semester. Brigid steps up to the position after previously serving as the chapter’s Social Media Manager and Entertainment Editor.

Cat is a former Odyssey writer who was the chapter’s Love section editor for the fall semester. She is expected to graduate in the fall semester of 2018.

Both ladies have distinguished themselves by producing excellent work for the chapter, and showed a keen ability to lead during the chapter’s inaugural semester. 

Mitchell Chapman, who served as the chapter’s Campus Correspondent since July, and who led the effort to relaunch the chapter, is stepping down to be the chapter’s Senior Editor. Mitchell brings a wealth of experiences, having served as the Entertainment Editor, Managing Editor, Editor-in-Chief and Features Editor of The Beacon, MCLA’s student newspaper, over the span of six semesters. He is also one of the Design Editors for Spires, MCLA’s literary journal, and is the recipient of the 2017 James A. Hardman, Jr. Scholarship.

Andrew Baillargeon will remain the chapter’s Events Director. Andrew has been a part of Her Campus: MCLA since its relaunch, and is also a columnist for The Beacon newspaper, a staff member of Spires, Vice President of WJJW, the school’s radio station, President of Debate Club, and an SGA Senator. He is also a former staff writer for MCLA’s chapter of The Odyssey.

Alex Stewart will remain the chapter’s Opinion section editor. Last year, Alex served as a staff writer for The Odyssey.

Meghan DeMoranville, Epiphany Thomas and Madeleine McKeon will continue to serve as staff writers for Her Campus: MCLA. All three are returning members of staff.

Departures

Health and Life section editor Molly Mott is graduating at the end of the semester. We wish Molly the best, in wherever life will take her next!

Deputy Life section editor Jade Schnuaber is leaving Her Campus at the end of the semester. We wish Jade the best!

Vacancies

Going into Spring 2018, Her Campus: MCLA will have the following vacancies:

Social Media Director

Publicity Director

Life section editor

Health section editor

Entertainment section editor

Love section editor

Beauty section editor

Career section editor  

Mitchell Chapman is a young journalist looking to make a name for himself. He's been published in The Berkshire Eagle, Bennington Banner, Brattleboro Reformer and the Huffington Post and was the editor of his school's newspaper, The Beacon, after serving first as A & E Editor and then Managing Editor. He is a big science fiction fan, and is known for his quips on the blockbuster movie industry. He is a proud brother of the Sigma Chi Beta fraternity.