This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Wednesday saw a huge Nor’easter that closed down campus, right before midterms. As the snow came down, Her Campus was there to photograph it. What we saw was a still functional campus doing the best it could amid the driving snow. 

The walkway into the campus center was relatively untouched, serving as the border between the storm and inside. 

The Smith House is lost amid the flurry. Left, a machine involved in the placement of a new water line between the Campus Center and Venable Hall is covered in snow. 

Opening the door into a flurry.

There are park benches under here. Somewhere.

A parked car whose windshield wipers try to rid the snow, but to no avail. 

Prior to the snowfall, a new fence was erected at the top and bottom of the Campus Center stairs, so as to avoid passerbys interfering with the placement of a new water line in between the Campus Center and Venable Hall. 

Interior of the campus center: Here and out there. 

A tree outside the Freel Library in powdery bloom. 

A snowman chills outside Bowman Hall. 

Snow continues to pile up on the closed Campus Center stairway. The stairs were closed due to some unevenness in the patio area above the stairs, which prompted concerns of a leak. To keep people away from the patio, facilities closed off the stairway, though the closure has made the area harder to clear snow from.

The doors of Murdock Hall rise above a pile of snow.

The dimly-lit halls of Mark Hopkins can be seen even through the flurry. 

Due to the volume of the downfall, many buildings on campus were connected only by footpaths. 

MCLA Facilities plows the parking lot behind the library.

The Science Center is veiled in the storm.

Mitchell Chapman is a young journalist looking to make a name for himself. He's been published in The Berkshire Eagle, Bennington Banner, Brattleboro Reformer and the Huffington Post and was the editor of his school's newspaper, The Beacon, after serving first as A & E Editor and then Managing Editor. He is a big science fiction fan, and is known for his quips on the blockbuster movie industry. He is a proud brother of the Sigma Chi Beta fraternity.
A sarcastic redhead who is usually late.