Restaurant Roundup: Valentine’s Day Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

No matter what your relationship status is this Valentine’s Day, everyone deserves an indulgent night of dinner and alcohol. If you’re not ordering in, use this guide to find the perfect place for your Valentine’s Day celebration.  

Icehouse

Location: 51 Rue Roy E, Montréal, QC, H2W 2S3

Vibe: Laid-back BBQ

Price: $$

Go to Icehouse if…Fried chicken wings, fish tacos, burritos, and/or bourbon lemonade strikes your interest. Icehouse is a casual BBQ joint, serving up generous portions of comfort food. Just be aware that the location is quite small and always busy.

O’Noir

Location: 124 Rue Prince Arthur E, Montreal, QC, H2X 1B5

Vibe: Exotic

Price: $$$$

Go to O’Noir if…You want to try something exciting. At O’Noir, dinner is served in complete and utter darkness so that your senses can focus on the food. Their Valentine’s Day menu can be looked at here, with 2 course meals for $35 and 3 course meals for $42.

Singh’s

Location: 3712 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC, H2X 2V4

Vibe: BYOB Indian

Price: $

Go to Singh’s if…You want to keep costs down and enjoy exquisite Indian food. Singh’s is my go-to Indian place, as their prices, service and dishes are consistently impressive.

Dominion Square Taverne

Location: 1243 Rue Metcalfe, Montréal, QC, H3B 2V5

Vibe: Upscale British Pub

Price: $$$

Go to Dominion Square Taverne if…You want to impress your date. Dominion Square Taverne is a swank restaurant with craft cocktails (the Pimm’s cup is amazing) and fancy pub food. Though not cheap, it’s worth the price for a classy night out.

Dirty Dogs

Location: 3685 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC, H2X 1A1 OR 25 Avenue du Mont-Royal East

Vibe: Casual comfort food

Price: $$

Go to Dirty Dogs if…Gourmet hot dogs + poutine + beer = your perfect Valentine’s day. Dirty Dogs recently opened a brand new location in the Plateau, and the food looks as perfect as ever. Plus, sharing a milkshake and fries will forever be adorable.

L’Academie

Location: 2100 Rue Crescent, Montréal, QC, H3G 2B8

Vibe: trendy BYOB

Price: $$

Go to L’Academie if…A night of wine and pasta sounds like perfection. L’Academie offers affordable and delicious Italian and French dishes, from rosé tortellini to filet mignon. Conveniently, there’s an SAQ on the corner to pick up a drink or two. 

Alternatively…

Ordering in some pizza and picking up a bottle of wine sounds almost just as good. 

All photos are the author’s own. 

Kelly is currently a Second Year with Advanced Standing at McGill University studying History, Business Management, and Psychology. She loves everything food related, and has her own food blog in the works.