McGill Campus Cutie: Jennifer Brownstein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

This week, Her Campus McGill caught up with Jennifer Brownstein. Smart, motivated, outgoing, and cute (duh!), she gives us the ins and outs of life as a McGill student.  

Major: Psychology
Hobbies: Gotta say meeting new people and trying new things
Are you involved in any extra-curriculars at McGill? President of the Get Fit Club
We know that you’re a psychology major. If you could get into the mind of one person, famous or not, who would it be and why? I’d want to be in my grandmother’s mind because I never met her and it would be interesting to analyze our similarities
Favourite place to study Freud’s theories: No, er I mean vagina
Favourite professor or class at McGill: Professor Koestner for Motivational Psychology
Since you’re a native Montrealer with a nack for finding new and exciting things to do, can you recommend any cool places to hang out around the city (even if it’s outside of the McGill bubble!): Bily Kun (Mile End) and Baldwins (Laurier)
Favourite place to eat in Montreal: Toyo (Japanese cuisine where they cook in front of you) or Au Noir (Blind waiters serve you while you eat in pitch black)
Poutine is a new concept for many non-Montrealers—any advice on where we can find the city’s best? Orange Julep
Favourite place to shop in the city: Carrefour Laval–biggest shopping center in Montreal!
Favorite place to dance until the wee hours: Friend’s house
We know your time at McGill is coming to an end soon. Any favorite memories to share (or horrible disasters)? Frosh/Carnival are must dos!
Finally, any words of wisdom that you would like to pass on to fellow collegiettes™ who are just beginning their journey at McGill?  Be the “Yes Man” and take on all of what McGill and Montreal has to offer! Empower yourself and take advantages of all new opportunities. It’s your time to develop as a person so maximize it

Sofia Mazzamauro, born and raised in Montreal, is majoring in English Cultural Studies and minoring in Communication and Italian Studies. Along with being the editor-in-chief of Her Campus McGill, she is a writer for Leacock’s online magazine’s food section at McGill University and the editor of the Women’s Studies Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Journal. After graduation, she aspires to pursue a career in lifestyle magazine writing in Montreal.