Just Pick Up the Brush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

“Painting At The Y” was an event organized by McGill club Art For Healing Studio on October 7, 2014. During the event, with the help of McGill Students, a board filled with colour, love and hope was painted and will be donated to a healthcare or wellness institution in Montreal.

Art for Healing Studios, founded by Elena Lin and Kate gongalong (right to left) is a new McGill student-run initiative, looking to unite interests in health sciences with those in the fine arts. In collaboration with another club, Medical Student Wellness (MSW), the Art for Healing Studio’s mission is to promote student wellness and healing environments through artistic expression. It is affiliated with the Art for Healing Foundation, a non-profit organization established in Montreal. The foundation facilitates the creation of inspiring healing environments through the installation of over 9,000 works of art to date in hospitals and wellness facilities across Canada.

I am Originally from Iran and I used to live in Halifax before moving to Montreal to study Psychology at McGill. I love photography and I usually try to describe my pictures using poems/quotes. Also, As you can tell, my other love in life is poetry :)