Impress this (American) Thanksgiving: Sweet Recipes Sure to Please

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

It’s that time of year again, 30% of McGill students are celebrating Thanksgiving, to what us Canadians seems a month late. Regardless of the timing, we all collectively share in the stress/excitement of being assigned an item to contribute to this dinner of all dinners. Are you on dessert duty? Or were you put in charge of an appetizer? Perhaps you’re hosting and want to spice up what you’re serving as a drink (with the countless Pinterest posts a simple wine may no longer impress, or maybe you need something a little stronger to get through so much family time all at once).

Whether you are travelling home for the holiday or spending with your friends here in Montreal, here are some creative sweet treats that are sure to impress, no matter what role you’ve been assigned in meal preparation this year:

Cocktails:

Spiced Pear & Ginger Pitcher Cocktail:

Caramel Apple Martinis:

Two Ingredient Apple Cider Mimosas:

Who ever said mimosas had to be reserved for brunch? 

Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour:

A creative way to slip a Canadian token into this American holiday!

Cranberry Apple Cider Sangria:

Appetizers:

(Idiot-Proof) Cranberry and Brie Cinnamon Sugar Puff Pastry Swirls:

Try naming this dish 5 times fast! But in all seriousness, cranberry and brie is a heaven-sent combination, you need to try.

Sweet and Spicy Pecans:

Be warned, these are addictive. I may or may not have consumed my body weight in these last holiday season.

Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Appetizer:

Sweet potato – good, Honey – goood, Goat Cheese – goooood; as Joey would put it.

Brie, Apple and Honey Crostini:

Desserts:

Sunken Apple Cake (Versunkener Apfelkuchen):

Isn’t Apfelkuchen so much fun to say? Wow those among you with a foreign take on traditional Thanksgiving flavours!

Cinnamon Pecan Pull-Apart Bread:

Three Tier Candied-Pecan Cake with Brown-Butter Pears:

This cake pulls out all of the stops, and is even topped with bourbon whipped cream for an extra treat!

Chai Poached Pears with Cinnamon Whipped Cream:

Perfect as a lighter or gluten-free option!

Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Dulce de Leche:

Cardamom Spiced Coffee Cake:

Happy Thanksgiving!

All images obtained from links featured in the article.