How Not to Survive During Midterms Season: A GIF Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Begin by telling yourself over and over…

After all, you’re a good student, aren’t you? 

Then, on the night before your exam arrives or before your essay is due, start panicking.

Attempt to work for a solid 20 minutes before giving up and going on Facebook, because there’s no way you’re gonna have time to pull your act together.

Complain to all of your friends, because obviously they don’t have better things to worry about, and even though they’re probably looking at you like this:

Contemplate bigger questions such as the importance of the class, the value of your education, and the meaning of life.

And all the while, ignore the little voice in your head that’s telling you to suck it up.

Become more and more frustrated at yourself.

D-Day arrives. Write the exam or finish the paper to the ‘best of your ability.’ Then go home and wallow (ideally with alcohol).

But wait! Realize that you’re free for now…so celebrate!

And then do it all over again for the next exam or term paper, because while you have mastered the art of procrastinating, you haven’t yet managed to master the art of learning from your mistakes.