Exploring Montreal: Summer Ice Cream Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Despite the crazy weather we’ve been experiencing this spring, summer is (slowly, but surely) on its way. While soaking up the sun on an open terrace may seem like wishful thinking for now, summer days will soon be upon us! In the meantime, here is a guide to the best ice cream in the city.

Bilboquet
With its colourful décor and playful ambiance, Bilboquet is where you will find everyone from families to students, all satisfying their sweet tooths. Be prepared to wait a line on hot summer days. For other locations and distributors, visit their website.

1311 Bernard West 
Outremont
(514) 276-0414

&
4864 Sherbrooke West
Westmount

(514) 369-1118
www.bilboquet.ca

La Dolce Vita
Homemade artisan gelati and sorbets are what you will find at La Dolce Vita. High-quality ingredients are used to make fresh gelato daily. For a taste of authentic Italian gelato in Montreal, and to live the good life, head over to La Dolce Vita.

3776 Saint Charles North
Galerie Kirkland
(514) 695 3212
www.dolcevitagelato.ca

Cremerie Meu Meu
Located in the heart of the Plateau, Meu Meu offers over 100 variations of homemade ice cream. Take advantage of the summer weather and walk along Mont-Royal or Saint Denis street while you’re there!

4458 Saint Denis
(514) 288-5889

Roberto
Don’t be fooled by the restaurant portion of this establishment—one level down is home to a gelateria and specialty shop that sells prepared Italian dishes for take-out. Stop in for a nocciola gelato while admiring the eclectic décor. 

2221 Belanger East
514 374-9844
www.restaurantroberto.com

Ripples
Want a refreshing ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yoghurt right on The Main? Ripples offers that and much more. What is better than homemade dessert on the trendiest street in Montreal on a hot summer day? 

3880 Saint Laurent
(514) 842-1697
www.montrealicecream.com

Sofia Mazzamauro, born and raised in Montreal, is majoring in English Cultural Studies and minoring in Communication and Italian Studies. Along with being the editor-in-chief of Her Campus McGill, she is a writer for Leacock’s online magazine’s food section at McGill University and the editor of the Women’s Studies Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Journal. After graduation, she aspires to pursue a career in lifestyle magazine writing in Montreal.