Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

McGill Celebrities

Zach Macklovitch, Montreal's Youngest Restaurateur

By Ana Zdravkovic
March 18, 2014 - 10:54pm

READ MORE

Heather Johnson, Healthy McGill's Active Living Coordinator

By Anna Stuber
March 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Having your health is a number one priority, especially during busy, stressful and full-on university life days. Healthy McGill helps students stay in touch with health, awareness and balance. Heather Johnson, Healthy McGill's Active Living Coordinator and Communications Coordinator, has been kind enough to share some more information on Healthy McGill, its goals, events, messages and some advice to students. Read our interview below to find out more about Heather and this amazing group that is right on campus. READ MORE

Ali Taghva, President of New Residence Hall

By Azara Lalla
March 11, 2014 - 9:00am

This week’s campus celebrity is the President of New Rez, Ali Taghva, a U0 Political Science student with some words of wisdom on being and getting involved. Why did you want to get involved with IRC? READ MORE

Kira Ilona, Soulful Singer

By Irmak Aydemir
February 25, 2014 - 3:05pm

Scarborough born and raised, Kira Ilona is an English Literature student at McGill University with an exceptional talent and passion for singing. I had the chance to sit down with her and learn about her early love for music and the influences she has had along her musical journey.
  How would you describe yourself in only a few words? Introverted. I like to observe. How would you sum up your music in only a few words? READ MORE

Anish Shah, Co-founder of DAT Clothing

By Justine Williams
February 19, 2014 - 10:19am

READ MORE

Magalie Batrash, Montreal Health Coach

By Ana Zdravkovic
February 12, 2014 - 2:00pm

Health and diet are most definitely on the top of everyone’s New Year's resolutions lists, but as we creep further away from January, it's needless to say we seem to lose some of that "New Year, new me" inspiration and head back to our bad eating habits. On the other hand, there are people who truly do understand the consequences of these bad eating habits and the great effects they have on our health. I had the pleasure of speaking with Magalie Bastrash, or Mags, who was generously wiling to share her personal story and thoughts on the detrimental effects our bad eating habits and lifestyle choices can have on our health. READ MORE

Hannah Restle: Bringing the McGill Community Together at SNAX

By Esther Vinarov
February 6, 2014 - 1:31pm

Hannah Restle is the perfect example of a student who gets to have the ideal university experience: she’s highly involved in her religious community, does intramural track, plays cello in a quartet, has a thriving social life and on top of all of that, one of the best jobs a student could ask for at McGill. Many people might recognize the bubbly and always-friendly Hannah from her shifts as a cashier at SNAX, the Arts Undergraduate Society café located in Leacock. Now in her third semester of working at SNAX, she has a lot to say about how she’s managed to juggle it into all of her other activities, and the kinds of McGill student and faculty she has met along the way....

An Exclusive Interview with Regina of Regina Gale Cosmetics

By Erica Ng
February 4, 2014 - 10:00am

Regina Gale is the definition of a one woman show. She has been a fashion model, fashion buyer, and pharmaceutical sales representative. Now, she even owns her own business. Regina Gale Cosmetics is a line of homemade makeup, perfume and skincare products that are designed to enrich a woman's life. She is also in the process of launching her own inbox magazine, Beauty Begins at Fifty. She shows us that it's never too late to explore your options or to pursue different ventures. READ MORE

Serena Zhang, Dance Director at MCCCA

By Hatty Liu
January 27, 2014 - 12:00am

Serena Zhang speaks six languages, moved to a foreign country by herself in her early teens, took second place at the 2013 Miss Chinese Montreal pageant last October and recently danced two sold-out performances at the New Year Gala put on by the Montreal Centre for Chinese Culture and Arts. But don’t expect her to slow down anytime soon – Serena has been named Dance Director for the new season at MCCCA, and in between transitioning into her new duties and preparing for her spring graduation, she took the time to chat with Her Campus about her passions, life experiences and goals. READ MORE

Arianna Fisher, Student & Artist

By Alexandra Faure
January 22, 2014 - 9:00am

Visit Arianna's art READ MORE