Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

McGill Celebrities

Campus Celebrity: YOU!

By Victoria Tran
April 20, 2014 - 10:00am

It’s true, Her Campus McGill readers, our campus celebrity is you! Not only have you made it this far into the year, but you’re facing arguably the most difficult and strenuous time of any student’s life – final exam season. READ MORE

Kirsten Williams, VP of McGill Women in Leadership

By Justine Williams
April 15, 2014 - 2:54pm

Her Campus McGill (HC): Can you tell me a bit about yourself? Kirsten Williams (KW): I will be graduating this summer with a double major student in Economics and Political Science. I am of Indian and English origin, and grew up in Switzerland, a microcosm of the world. Being at McGill has allowed me to engage in another microcosm, which has been enriched by my involvement in extracurricular activities through a multitude of positions on campus, including VP of McGill Women in Leadership and VP McGill Students of Women Canada. READ MORE

Meet Tessa Battistin, Founder of Asset Designs

By Claire Duncan
April 13, 2014 - 8:09am

READ MORE

Sarah Swiderski, Cataloguing Assistant for McGill Visual Arts Collection

By Katherine Rushby
April 10, 2014 - 10:00am

This week's campus celebrity is someone whose passion for life is absolutely overwhelming. I've heard her talk with equal enthusiasm about writing English essays, travelling around Ireland with one of her besties and taking hour-long metro rides just to get outside the McGill bubble and explore this vibrant city. Sarah was recently hired to preside over the McGill Visual Arts Collection as a cataloguing assistant, which is the coolest opportunity for someone with her diverse and totally unique combination of interests. Read on to find out a little more about the position and her general outlook on study, work and life in Montreal. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: McGill Compliments

By Alexandra Faure
April 8, 2014 - 9:53pm

This week I had the privilege of interviewing our very own McGill Compliments. Read on to find out exactly what is, what it does and who it is. Her Campus McGill: What is McGill Compliments (for readers who don’t know)? READ MORE

Christopher St-Cyr, Varsity Lacrosse Player

By Ella Sibio
April 3, 2014 - 10:00am

Ella Sibio for HC McGill Christopher St-Cyr is a McGill University Student and varsity Lacrosse player. He sat down to answer some questions about himself, his sport and his school. Enjoy.   HC McGill: What's your jersey number? Christopher St-Cyr (CS): #15, McGill Redmen Lacrosse HC McGill: Faculty and year? CS: Education (Secondary School English), 4th year HC McGill: Could you please tell us a bit about yourself? READ MORE

Saya Takegami: Urban Groove Dancer

By Erica Ng
April 1, 2014 - 7:31pm

READ MORE

Laily Popal, Citadelle Council Member

By Justine Williams
March 31, 2014 - 11:00am

What is Citadelle council and what does the council do? READ MORE

Courtney Ayukawa, Arts & Science Rep for SSMU

By Stephanie Gervais
March 28, 2014 - 12:00am

Year: U3 Major: Sustainability Science and Society Minor: Sociology Stephanie Gervais for Her Campus (HC): How did you first get involved with SSMU? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Julia Borghesi

By Katherine Rushby
March 25, 2014 - 9:00am

By: Katherine Rushby Many students who want to make a difference on campus become involved in student politics (or protests, for anyone familiar with McGill…), but not a huge number can boast that they actively make the campus a safer place. McGill has many safety-oriented groups and organizations, from Walk Safe to SACOMSS (Sexual Assault Centre of the McGill Students’ Society) to McGill Nightline, so when one of my co-workers told me she was mid-interview-process to become part of M-SERT (the McGill Student Emergency Response Team), I thought she would make a perfect Campus Celebrity. READ MORE