Campus Cutie: Tyler Gerstein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Let me introduce you to Tyler Gerstein, a brilliant, budding neuroscientist with an extraordinary sense of humor. This campus cutie just returned to Canada after an amazing semester abroad at the University of Nottingham (where he befriended yours truly). He is looking forward to completing his final year at McGill in style!

Faculty/ Major: Science/ Neuroscience

Year: U3

Hometown: Montreal, Quebec 

Place you’d most like to travel to: London. I miss it so much. 

Favorite movie: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. It’s a tie between a few of [the Harry Potter movies], really. 

Favorite (non-school-related) book: Atonement by Ian McEwan. And the Harry Potter books of course. 

Favorite music to study to: I don’t study to music, but I like listening to Maroon 5.

Favorite McGill memory: MSERT Rookie Night during my first semester was so much fun.

Favorite Place on Campus: Second Cup in Stewart Bio

Coffee or tea: Coffee (Side note from the author: he’s kind of obsessed with Starbucks. In fact, this interview was conducted in a Starbucks) 

Morning Person or Night Owl: Definitely night owl.

Most adventurous thing you’ve done: I went clubbing in Bratislava…that was an experience. 

If you were to live in any other time period or alternate world, what would it be: I would totally live in the Harry Potter universe. 

If an actor were to play you in the film version of your life, who would it be: Daniel Radcliffe

Your own persona theme song would be: “I’m Just a Kid” by Simple Plan. It’s the first song I memorized all the lyrics too. Plus I don’t want to be an adult yet [giggles].

Words to live by: I say “stay strong” a lot, but I also love this Dumbledore quote: “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

Thumbnail image is the author’s own.In-text image contributed by interviewee. 

Born and raised in Montreal, Hailey is a second year McGill student, majoring in English-Cultural Studies and minoring in Communications. She can almost always be found at a coffee shop or library near campus with a coffee in her hand and a large set of books.  In addition to her love for writing, she absolutely adores celebrity gossip, Netflix, music, and all things concerning Oprah Winfrey. She is thrilled to be writing for HerCampus, and is excited for you to see her contributions!