Campus Cutie: Guillermo Renna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Guillermo Renna is Her Campus McGill’s cutie of the week. This Argentinian gentleman took a break from essay writing and solving quadratic equations to answer a few of our questions. 

Name: Guillermo Renna

Major: Honours Political Science

Minor: Mathematics 

Year: U2 

Ella Sibio for Her Campus McGill (HC McGill): What do you like to do in your spare time? 

Guillermo Renna (GR): Playing tennis is my favourite thing to do. At the end of the day, whether [I’m] playing well or not, I enjoy every moment on the court. My other favourite pastime is water-skiing. I learned how to water-ski before I learned how to swim, so I guess you could say it’s a part of me now. 

HC McGill: What is your ideal date?

GR: I don’t have an ‘ideal date’ per se. All I know is that it would be awesome to be near a beach. Walking on a beach at night makes for great conversation, among other things…

HC McGill: Do you have a role model?

GR: I don’t think I have just one role model. I admire a lot of people. Sometimes it’s not even actual people that I admire, rather characters in books, television series or a movie. Just to name one person I look up to, I would have to say Roger Federer. He is graceful both on and off the court and he always acts respectfully towards his opponents. 

HC McGill: Favourite quote?

GR: I don’t think I have a favourite quote. I have a lot of them; but, one that I like a lot is “if you understand failure, you won’t be afraid of it anymore. Failure isn’t diving on your face, or hitting rock bottom. That’s just being human. You only fail when you decide to not try again. So it’s entirely in your control. Once you understand failure, it’s impossible to fail.” It was on Humans of New York. I think it’s an interesting way of looking at things, and one that I hope to fully adopt one day.

HC McGill: Where do you study? (Take notes, ladies) 

GR: I study at the library, mostly. I usually need a perfectly quiet area, which means that studying for finals is not fun (well, it’s not fun regardless), because everything is jam packed with people. 

HC McGill: Favourite song at the moment?

GR: “Bless the broken road” by Rascal Flatts. 

HC McGill: What is something not many people know about you?

GR: You’d have to ask them!

Ella is a second year McGill University student pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Honours Philosophy and Political Science. She is Interested in Civil Rights and Family Law, Social Justice, Social Media and Journalism. In her spare time she enjoy's reading both classics and current trends and writing about absolutely anything.