This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

It’s safe to say we have seemed to experience every season this week but we’ll call it Spring for now. Spring is that transitional period where it’s still too cold to walk out the door without a jacket but you certainly won’t be sporting any winter jackets. It’s time to start wearing some lighter items. No more clunky boots or thick sweaters. It’s all about layering thinner clothes.

Meet Maddy, a U1 student who is majoring in psychology. She was kind enough to model some Spring outfits that are perfect during the day and can easily be worn to classes. Take a look below at the different outfits (and you also won’t be able to miss her infectious smile!)

Her first outfit is a classic, cool, and trendy one. She’s sporting baggy cut-off jeans that have a  couple of rips and tears to add a more vintage look, paired with a plain grey T. Her thin tan belt matches her cute ankle booties perfectly. Layered on top, Maddy’s wearing a stylish leather jacket and a long necklace to add a little more depth to this outfit. This is a simple but chic look. It gives off a cool, laid back vibe for a warm Spring day. If it gets to be warmer that jacket can come off too. 

Maddy’s next outfit is a little more dressy, but still looks awesome on campus. She’s donning a maroon maxi skirt with a white tank top. The tank top can be both plain or more detailed like the one she’s wearing. Her top has a halter that connects to sleeves which adds a more hip feel to the outfit. Again, it can be paired with a jack or cardigan if it’s not warm enough to walk around campus without shoulders covered. 

Next, she’s wearing a simple, but elegant maxi dress. The green colour is unique and will look gorgeous when the sun is out and shining. This dress looks cute with the ankle boots she’s wearing, but also paris well with a pair of beige flats. It would look complete with a denim jacket or long cardigan. Again, any outfit gets extra “oomph” with some accessories, and Maddy’s wearing a long necklace to add some variety. Remember, simple and sophisticated is best sometimes.

Maddy is wearing another dress, but this one is extremely versatile. It would look cute on campus or when you’re out on the town (but let’s get real you’re probably not going out right now…don’t we all love exams?). This dress has lots of cool features. Let’s start with the front. The cut off sleeves are a perfect in-between for Spring and the long back, short front gives you a little more coverage if you’re going to be bare legged. This dress looks cute with the ankle boots, little wedge boots or flats that are always a safe bet. The back of this dress is my favourite part. The criss-cross layering allows for some skin to be shown (again, not enough that you’ll be freezing), but just a sneak peak. The dress falls beautifully with the ends layered nicely. It would look great with a denim jacket (everything looks good with a denim jacket), but it’s a shame to hide such a cool back.

Spring is the perfect time to experiment with fashion and different outfits by layering jackets, cardigans, and jewelry. Make sure you keep yourselves looking stylish during exams. It always keeps you feeling positive when you’re looking good. Happy studying ladies.