5 Movies We Can’t Wait to See this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Summer means sunshine, warm weather and a lot of free time. While being the perfect season for cool mojitos, summer is also a great season for movies. Here are 5 of the most anticipated movies coming out, so grab your mojitos (or sneak them in?) and enjoy the show! 

1. X-Men: Apocalypse

Since part of it was shot in Montreal, X-Men being number one is a no-brainer. Not only will you get the chance to see Michael Fassbender on the big screen, but you can also play the “Spot the Arts Building” game with all your McGill friends. There are a couple of new additional characters in this movie and the storyline is a bit different than all the other X-Men movies we have seen before. 

2. Me Before You

Our very own writer Belle Kim, who finished the book in record time, can attest to how great it was, and now we have a chance to see the characters in action. With Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones and Sam Claflin from The Hunger Games, the romantic story is one of the most anticipated movies of Summer 2016. It is not a classic love story though, so be prepared and bring some kleenex with you!

3. The Legend of Tarzan

We have all seen Tarzan as children, but I doubt anybody has seen it this way. You can think of the movie as a continuation of the Tarzan we know onscreen. Jane and Tarzan come back to Congo to serve as trade emissaries of Parliament, but are unaware of a murderous plot against them. Plus, Alexander Skarsgard is half naked during most of it. Need I say more?

4. Suicide Squad

If you like superheroes, action and crazy people; this movie is for you. Suicide Squad is essentially a movie in which a group of bad guys are rounded up to fight against another bad guy, which doesn’t seem like the best idea. It’s pretty much the DC Comics version of your group project gone wrong, so start counting down the days ’til it comes out!

5. Ghostbusters

Being a total #girlpower movie, this time the whole Ghostbusters squad is made up of female characters. There has been some controversy around the movie, but nevertheless with Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon, the audience is guaranteed a laugh. Chris Hemsworth will also make an appearance as the Ghostbusters’ receptionist.

Image obtained from:

https://media.timeout.com/images/101482717/750/422/image.jpg