Why I Am Thankful You Left

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Why I am Thankful You Left

When someone leaves our lives, no matter who they are a friend, a boyfriend, someone who was almost a boyfriend, we all experience loss.  But like any good optimist I believe that in every loss, there is at least a blessing or two to hold on to.

I’ve put together a list of reasons why I’m thankful you left (Yes, YOU)

I’m thankful I never have to spend another night confused and conflicted from the dozens of mixed signals you sent me.

I’m thankful I never have to spend another day feeling rejected by the messages you left on read.

I’m thankful I’ll never have to spend another sleepless night trying to figure out what our relationship was.

I’m thankful I’ll never have to give the best parts of myself to a person who does not deserve them

I’m thankful your schedule and moods will no longer have an impact on my life.

And lastly, I am thankful for the opportunity you gave me to find someone else who truly cares about me.

Brooke Ackerman is an Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, and Special Education major at Marywood University in Scranton, PA. Brooke serves as Marywood's Her Campus Senior Editor. Her hobbies include making awful jokes, cooking, and starting Netflix shows at 1am.