Survival Kit Face Products Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Freeman Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask

The key benefits of this rejuvenating clay mask are to detoxify your skin and clear your pores leaving your skin feeling refreshed and renewed. The Freeman mask says that the cucumber reinvigorates your skin, while the Himalayan Pink Salt exfoliates your impurities. Since this mask is new, I have been seeing it all over the Internet and I really wanted to try it. One of the other masks we received in our survival kits was the Polishing charcoal and black sugar gel mask and scrub. I’ve owned this mask for quite some time, but I never got results like I did with the cucumber and pink salt clay mask. Growing up I had very clear skin, with the occasional breakout of course. However, as I grew older, I began to get acne. Now I have combination skin as well as the occasional hormonal acne breakout. Due to the acne I had, my skin has a lot of hyperpigmentation and dark spots. If I don’t take great care of my skin, it can become dull looking. I’m always looking to try new facemasks to see what works for my skin and what doesn’t. The Freeman mask does what it says. To give it a fair shot, I followed the directions exactly as it says. After exfoliating my skin with it and washing it off with warm water, I had an instant glow to my skin and my skin felt extremely soft. It truly does rejuvenate and renew your skin.

L’Oreal® Paris Hydra Genius Glowing Water Cream

I followed the rejuvenating mask with another item from our survival kits, the L’Oreal Paris glowing water cream for normal to dry skin. What I like about this product is that there’s one for each type of skin type; there is a cream for extra dry skin and for normal to oily skin. The Hydra Genius cream says that it is formulated to offer lightweight hydration that lasts 72 hours and is formulated specifically to meet the needs of those with normal to dry skin with aloe water and hyaluronic acid. Following the face mask, which made my skin extremely soft, this cream made my skin feel even softer and gave my skin a beautiful natural glow. It was very lightweight on my skin and provided instant hydration. Even though the cream for normal to oily skin would probably be best for my skin type, this cream worked just fine for my skin. It didn’t make my skin feel or look oily. Once again, this product does what it says and I would recommend to anybody looking for a product that will hydrate and improve the look of your skin. 

Christiane Lowcher is a double major in Criminal Justice & Sociology at Marywood University. Christiane has been the Captain of the Women's Golf Team at Marywood for three years. She is a lover of food, Netflix, and makeup. She's just a girl who's figuring her life out day by day and living by her motto, "You just gotta be happy with your life!" Instagram: c_lowcher Twitter: clowcherr