This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

We sat down with one of our HC writers, Mia Olivetti, to talk about her future goals, aspirations, and, of course, her very own fashion column for HC Marywood. 

Name: Mia Rose Olivetti

Major: Retail Management 

Graduation Year: 2018

Hometown: Dunmore, Pa

Her Campus (HC): “Okay, so, Mia, what are you involved in on campus? Clubs, organizations, things like that.”

Mia Olivetti (MO): “I’m part of the love your melon campus crew, romance revolution, and I’m a HC writer.”

HC: “Okay, now that that’s over with, let’s get to the more exciting stuff. The Atrium or Library? And favorite thing to order?”

(MO):  “Definitely The Atrium. I always get bacon egg and cheese bagels or a grilled cheese with tomato. Both are the bomb.” 

HC: “If you were stuck in an elevator with three people, alive or dead, who would you want it to be? And why?”

(MO): “Well I hope no one’s dead haha. But I’d definitely want Ellen DeGeneres, Jimmy Kimmel, and Kourtney Kardashian to be there. I think that would be hilarious, and I  love the three of them.”

HC: “So, you’re a writer for Her Campus Marywood. What kind of articles do you write?”

(MO): “I recently starting writing a fashion advisement column for Her Campus called ‘Modish with Mia’. I’ve only written two articles so far but I feel like the articles are a combination of my personal opinion with current fashion trends.”

HC: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”

(MO):  “In five years I hope to be living in New York City working for a retail company as a manager or store buyer.” 

HC: “What is your dream job?”

(MO): “my dream job is more realistic than far fetched but I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur and have my own clothing boutique. I definitely see myself Pursuing this sometime in my future.”

HC: “So, you went to Ireland for spring break last year, and this year you’re venturing to Cuba. What do you find to be the most rewarding part of studying abroad?”

(MO):  “I think the most rewarding part of studying abroad is that with every trip there is a unique take away. Studying abroad is fun but also a big step out of my comfort zone and it has allowed me to learn new cultures, make new friends, and become a little more independent.” 

HC: “Since you’re from the area, where’s your favorite place to eat?”

(MO): “Cara Mia’s! Isn’t that everyone’s favorite place to eat??”