Nuts About Nutrition: Meet Tori

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Hi Collegiettes!

My name is Tori Kaleycik, and I will be your source for all things Nutrition this semester! I am a sophomore Nutrition and Dietetics major, and I am passionate about making this world a healthier place. I grew up choosing fruits over desserts and reading Nutrition Facts labels. Don’t get me wrong, I love ice cream, cookies and candy as much as the next girl. However, I started learning about the benefits of a nutritious diet early on and have since pursued a balanced diet. I have always known that a career in Dietetics is one of my purposes in life because I love food, I love helping people and I love this beautiful world. In the future, I plan to become a Nutrition Education teacher who travels to schools nationwide and educates youth on the importance AND fun of nutrition. Nutrition is more than “eating your apple a day to keep the doctor away”; it is a lifestyle that has the power to transform your mind, body and spirit, if you let it. I hope you will follow me on this journey as I share current trends, myths vs. facts and important nutrition topics in my Nuts about Nutrition column! 

College freshman who permanently resides in the state of Happiness
Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com