This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

To my ex’s friends,

He and I ended badly and I am sure you guys know that. I am sure that you heard all about it and that it made all of you judge me. I am sure that you guys know the deep personal details of our relationship and I am sure that you hate me because of it. But, I am also sure that at one point you guys were my best friends.

Sure, we met because of him and we hung out because of him, but you guys were always there for me. You heard about the drama I had with my girl-friends, and pretended to care, even if you didn’t. I talked you all through your own relationship problems and gave you all advice when I could. I cleaned up after all of you and took care of you all when you weren’t able to take care of yourselves. And I was happy to do it.

I liked having all of you as friends and I was going to do everything in my power to keep that friendship. But, things were out of my hands. There were so many reasons that he and I had to end. I hope you all realize this and I hope none of you blame me. At one point in time, you guys considered me a friend as well. So, tell me why did I have to lose all of you as well. I was hurt enough when I lost him and then I realized I lost everything and everyone associated with him. It killed me.

I’m sorry I took away your precious guy time and I’m sorry I hurt him. I’m sorry he’s upset and I’m sorry he’s been hard on himself lately.

There will be more of me. Of that I am sure. Some you will hate and some you will love. Some he will not care about and some will hurt him, even more than I did. Some he will chase after and some he will let leave. Some will stick around longer than others. Some you’ll like more than me. Some will make you miss me. 

And then one day, one will stay. And I am sure you guys will all love her like you loved me once. I am sure you will tell her all about your girl problems, like you once told me.  I am sure that she will love all of you as much as I did. She will be lucky to have all of you and almost as lucky to have him. 

Thank you for the friendship and kindness you have shown me. I am so proud of you and wish you nothing but love. 

All the love,

Me

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com