This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that you either love or hate.  If you’re in a relationship, it’s a day of romance and to celebrate your love.

However, if you’re single it can be a rough day to watch all the happy couples especially on social media.  I have never had a Valentine so I should definitely fall into the bitter category, but I like to take a different approach. I like to make it a day all about me. A day of loving and appreciating myself. It is way more fun to spoil yourself than let your day be spoiled just because you don’t have a significant other.

So, this year when I saw Lush Cosmetics roll out their Valentine’s Day themed products I thought I’d try them out and I’m here to let you know which ones to love and which ones to dump! Whether you’re recovering from this year’s Valentines Day or gearing up for next year, here are my thoughts!

1. Cupid Bath Bomb 

This one I was excited for because I love bath bombs, it’s cute and it smelled good. After dropping it in the water it began to fizz out like normal and it was cute, but by the time I got SnapChat up to take a picture it began to just fizz out white. Another strange and disappointing note is that it did not change my bath water color like I thought it would. Instead of bright and interesting colors like I was so used to from Lush this was just a pale pink for a few minutes then faded away. 

Cupid missed his target on this one.

2. Love struck Bubble Bar

I absolutely LOVE a good bubble bar from Lush so I was super excited to see what this cute emoji had to offer. It smells very fresh before even touching the water and even though it was more citrusy than I usually like, it was good. 

After running it under the water I was expecting to be met with the same scent from the bar to the water, but it took quite a lot of the bar for there to be a distinct smell.

I really love bubble bars because they are such packed products with the way they produce bubbles, change the color of the water, smell great, and make your skin feel great. PLUS I always end up reusing the bubble bars because you can easily use as much as you’d like and save the rest for another time. However, with this one I ended up using the entire thing in one bath because that’s how much it took to get a sent out of it. Which was fine, I just wasn’t used to using them all at once.

This product gets just one heart eye for me.

3. Two Hearts Beat as One Bath Oil

I have never used a bath oil before so I was super excited to see what this one was all about. It is two waxy hearts that connect to make two. You just drop them in your bath and they are supposed to soothe your skin. I didn’t expect colors to come out with this one but it did leave a trail of color as it slowly melted away. I wasn’t sure what to expect climbing in but I was pleasantly surprised. 

The water was comfortable if that makes any sense. It was very soothing and relaxing to sit in and it left my skin feeling so soft afterwards! 

My heart definitely skipped a beat for this one.

4. Ladybug Bubble Bar

This one is so cute and definitely my favorite smelling out of all the products. I really like sweet, candy smelling scents and this one was sweet but not too strong. Another plus is that I didn’t have to use the whole thing to get the kind of bath I wanted so I have a few more baths with this one! Which is great because if you love baths like me, but can’t afford to buy from Lush every week, being able to use products more than once is great.

Ladybugs really are lucky and this one is two thumbs up!

So, to sum it up, Lush is great, Valentine’s Day can be great and you’re great! So, go out there and spread all the love! 

Maura is an advertising/public relations major at Marywood University. She is the Social Media Manager for Her Campus Marywood and the Social Media Editor at The Wood Word. Her likes include pizza and tacos, dogs and soccer. Her dislikes include arrogance and people who wear socks and sandals. Twitter: Mauraaa13 Instagram: Maurax13
Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com