7 Instagram Worthy Places to Visit in Manhattan, That ARE NOT Times Square

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

1. Levain Bakery 

Enjoy the best cookies in all of Manhattan, while embracing your inner Blair Waldorf in the Upper East Side. I recommend enjoying an ooey gooey chocolate chip walnut cookie, while taking in the views of Central Park. 

2. Eataly NYC Flatiron 

This Italian marketplace features a rooftop restaurant, where you can take in sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline. If you love cheese, wine, or gelato, then this is the place for you. BONUS: the rooftop occasionally turns into a hidden speakeasy as well! 

3. The Ariel Tram to Roosevelt Island 

The tramway connects the Upper east Side to Roosevelt Island. The cost of a ride is only a few dollars and you can use your Metrocard to pay. The ride makes for some amazing Instagram photos, especially at sunset! 

4. Amorino

Tasty gelato AND it’s in the shape of a flower?! Perfect for all of those Instagram foodies!!

5. The Oculus 

The Oculus is not only a bustling hub for commuters, but it also features plenty of shopping! Both inside and out, the architecture is stunning for all of those unique photos that will make your Instagram followers stare in awe.  

6. The Highline

One of the most unique paths in Manhattan. The structure was once a rail line, but now you can walk nearly 2 miles, spanning right through the center of Manhattan. The photos you will get on this incredible pathway will make taking the scenic route well worth it!

7. A TV Studio 

It’s pretty easy to get tickets to tapings, using 1iota.com. Photos from these tapings will for sure make those scrolling through your Instagram feed EXTREMELY jealous! See some of your favorite celebs in these once in a lifetime experiences!