Chardelle Moore: Rising Media Powerhouse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Her Campus: Introduce Yourself!

Chardelle Moore: I’m a vibrant Television Host, Reporter, Producer, award-winning Motivational Speaker, International Spokesperson, Humanitarian, Model and proud island gal!

HC: What was your experience like as a student?

CM:I had an amazing college experience! I grew personally as well as professionally. I held several leadership positions including co-founding the African Caribbean Student Association, serving as the Community Outreach Director for Black Student Alliance, Student Ambassador, RA, Cultural Arts and Lecture Chair and a proud charter member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated! Plus, I was a dean’s list student and had a job!  I’m so thankful for juggling so many hats! My college experience contributes to everything I do today. 

HC: How did you get started motivational speaking?

CM: I began my motivational speaking career in college. I was always hosting empowerment events on campus. After noticing my gift to empower others, I expanded my talents off campus. I began speaking at local schools and community events and my speaker career took off!

HC: During your speech at this year’s Voyage to Utopia Charity Fashion show you encouraged students to build their brands. How important is building your brand in college and what advice do you have for collegiettes to get started? CM: It’s so important to start building your brand in college. No matter where you go in life, your personal brand will follow you everywhere! Broadcast Journalism is a super competitive industry. I knew that having a degree wasn’t enough! I had to gain experience and build a platform. Here are some tips to get you started:

1. Create a strong online platform: The internet is POWERFUL! You can connect with people from all over the world! Find out what you really want to do and use the internet to showcase your talents. Create your own website, YouTube channel and use social media to market yourself, not just take selfies!
  2. Get involved in your campus community: Make the most of your campus resources! When I was the Cultural Arts & Lecture Chair I hosted and produced Coffee House, a live entertainment show. I was responsible for booking the talent, writing scripts and hosting the show in front of a live audience. The experience was incredible!
  3. Network: Your network is your net worth! Don’t be afraid to reach out to different businesses and organizations off campus. I took a leap of faith and entered the Miss Caribbean Metro USA Pageant. I had no prior pageant experience but I knew pageantry would open the doors to other opportunities. I ended up winning and my life changed! My brand became international!
  4. Internships: Nothing beats hands on experience! It’s a great way to grow your skills and even land a job! I interned at BET and just a few months later I was hired as a production assistant.

HC: Most memorable experience as a student?

CM: When I received Marymount University Senior Leadership award for demonstrating excellence in my community outreach initiatives in the metropolitan area and inspiring other students to take my lead. Nothing is more rewarding than positively impacting the lives of others.

HC: Tell us about your position with FOX45 and the CW Baltimore.

CM: I’m a full-time multimedia host, traffic reporter and producer for FOX45 Baltimore. As the multimedia host for FOX45 and sister stations CW Baltimore and MyTV Baltimore, I keep viewers up to date on the very best Baltimore has to offer! I cover topics from entertainment, lifestyle, fashion and health. In addition to being in front of the camera every day, I’m also a producer! I produce everything from my own segments, to commercials and live television specials!

HC: Most memorable experience as a professional?

CM: Wow! I have so much but I really can’t think of only ONE. I’m enjoying the journey! :) 

HC: What’s the dream?

CM: My dream is to be an Executive Producer and Host of my own nationally syndicated show. I also want to create a media empire! Empowerment tours, travel series, production company, fitness videos — you name it!

HC: If people want to follow your journey where can they go?

CM: Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube @Chardellemoore! Like my public figure page on Facebook and visit my website! Thanks so much for your support! Stay tuned, I’m just getting started!

[Image Credit: Chardelle Moore]

Hi!  My name's Terri and I'm a senior at Marymount University majoring in Health Promotion with a minor in Public Health. I'm obsessed with traveling, thrifting, tea, and writing.  I am the current campus correspondent for Her Campus Marymount. After graduation I hope to leave my mark on the world in a BIG way!